(I've come a long way since this happened: http://abbyduval.blogspot.com/2012/05/learning-to-love-my-thighs.html)
I decided that having hips and an ass was ok, but if they were going to be big they were going to be strong. So that's my goal.
Here is the current plan of attack, one day a week:
- 15-20 min of cardio, usually speed intervals on the stair climber (FAST)
- Sumo squats in the rack- once we increased the weight past 40lbs, we moved over the cage out of safety. I felt like a big girl moving to that part of the gym! Currently at 85lbs- quads, calves, and core
- Leg press - resistance press - currently at 200lbs and about to increase* - quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves
- Leg curls - currently at 60lbs for both legs (30 if doing seperately) - hamstrings
- Deadlifts - currently at 60lbs but about to increase - hamstrings, glutes, quads, adductor, and lower back.
- Side squats - alternating side to side - inner/outer thighs
- Jump squats - honestly, I kind of hate these. My heart rate starts racing and I'm out of breath after each set. This is all a good thing, but I like to complain nonetheless. - quads and calves - the plyometric workout also aids in fat burning
- Split Squat / Alternating lunges - currently doing these while holding 15lb barbells. This seems light, but it really isn't. Moving this up to 17 or 20 next week. - quads, glutes, and hamstrings
- Plie squats holding a disc weight (currently at 10lbs) 10 second hold at end of last rep in plie position (calves permitting) - glutes, hips, inner thighs