Monday, November 5, 2012

5 days!!!!

So I about flipped when I opened my email on Friday to be greeted by this email:

How did it get to be the week of the race already??

I swear that I have been preparing myself for this event for what feels like an eternity, and then BAM! Time to pick up my bib and t-shirt and prepare myself for the big day! Suddenly it came so fast!

I am as ready as I can possibly be.  My goal this week is to watch what I eat, drink lots of water, get SLEEP (I forget), and keep my leg healthy and happy.  

Speaking of my leg, it's been doing great.  The flares seem to come and go, so I'm trying to keep it moving this week without pushing it too hard.  We're tapering down so tonight we will run about 5 miles, Wed probably 2-3, maybe a little elliptical on Thursday and then eat, eat, eat! That's luckily my favorite activity right now, so I'm looking forward to it. :) 

My stomach has not been happy, so I am being overly cautious this week on calm foods, and nothing that I don't ordinarily eat, just to be safe.  Last thing I want is to deal with stomach issues the morning of the race. 

Now I just need to:
  • Pick up my bib (Thursday after work)
  • Figure out directions and my game plan for the morning of
  • Plan my meals for Thursday - Saturday

I'm not sure why I am so nervous but the butterflies are active in my tummy!  13.1 miles, here we come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment