Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Rhonda.

Some of my friends have met Rhonda.

I decided that my inner fat girl comes out so often that she deserved a name, so Jay and I affectionately dubbed her "Rhonda."  Abby loves Trader Joe's vegan cookies.  Rhoda loves ice cream and fatty fudgy brownies. 

While it's one of my pet peeves when people constantly hide behind humor to deal with how they feel about their bodies and self esteem, rather than dealing with the issue, I thought it was fitting to call Rhonda out when she was coming out more often then not (and I was not making up for it with exercise).  I am a foodie. I loooove it.  Anorexia?? No way.  But I am not one of those lucky people who can eat what I want, when I want, and not get a big ass.  (OK, bigger ass).

So I've welcomed Rhonda and learned to embrace her, but I have to keep an eye on my eating habits every once in awhile.  It's sometimes difficult because while I eat a 95% organic pescatarian diet, I have a soft spot for processed cheese and a mega sweet tooth.

My favorite tool in watching all this is http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ .

This is a FANTASTIC site! I have never been a calorie counter but this site really makes it easy to track your daily food and water intake, as well as your exercise achievements.  (Also a very useful tool when you are tracking food to figure out health and allergy issues).  My favorite thing about the site is I can plug in "Trader Joe's organic half and half" and it's in the database.  And if it's not, I can add it in there with the nutrition content.  It's an excellent tool for counting calories, carbs, fats, proteins, sugars (etc, whatever you want to follow), and if you have a weight loss goal, it makes it easy to see how long it will take you to reach it.  Also, if you have someone reading your journal as a friend on the site (completely optional), they will log in and MyFitnessPal will tell them if you have logged in or not.  It totally calls you out. 

Just a tool I've found useful along the way. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I never named my inner fat girl (though I do refer to her as my inner slug now and then) but now you've gotten me thinking... :)

    ReplyDelete